Frequently Asked Questions


Frequently Asked Questions

  • Can I let off fireworks?
  • Can I burn off on my property?
  • Can I use a gas or electric barbecue?
  • Can I use a solid fuel kettle barbecue?
  • Can I use a pizza oven? 

These common questions and more are addressed on CFS Fact Sheet - Restrictions: What can and can't I do during a fire danger season?

The CFS also has available on their website a large range of Fact Sheets including:

  • Aerial fire-fighting
  • Building a home in a bushfire risk area
  • Bushfire advice and warning messages
  • Bushfire safer places
  • Creating fuel breaks around your home
  • Emergency Kits
  • Grinders, welders, cutters and engines
  • How buildings burn
  • Permits to burn
  • Planning to leave early
  • Planning to stay and defend
  • Preparing pets and livestock for bushfires
  • Preparing your home for bushfires
  • Private bushfire shelters - bunkers
  • Ways to stay informed
  • Looking after horses in bushfires - Guide
  • The Fire Danger Season - Guide
  • What to do when a bushfire happens - Guides


Environmental Protection Authority - Good Air Quality

Under The Environment Protection Act 1993, Environment Protection Authority (EPA) is South the Australia's independent environment protection regulator to protect, restore and enhance the environment though the risk-based regulation of pollution, waste, noise and radiation which includes good air quality and therefore has information on:


Further Information

Should you have any further queries, please contact Council on (08) 88281 200.


Contact Council

Find Us

51 Taylor Street

PO Box 396

Kadina SA 5554

Opening Hours

Monday to Fridays

9.00am - 5.00pm

Closed Public Holidays

Subscribe with us