Kadina Heritage Walk

 

Kadina Heritage Walk

 

 1 Town Hall - 1880 Taylor Street
 2  Uniting Church - 1962 Taylor Street
 3  Masonic Hall - 1883 Hay Street
 4 Anglican Church - 1911 Taylor & Hay Streets
 5  Former Private Hospital - 1880  Hay Street
 6 Bews Fountain - 1892  Victoria Square
 7 Rotunda - 1897  Victoria Square
 8 Royal Exchange Hotel - 1874 Digby & Graves Street
 9 Dunstone's Grain Store - 1912  Graves Street
 10 Ascot Building - 1921  Graves Street
 11  Mitchell's Building - 1872  Graves Street
 12 Russack's Building - 1890  Graves Street
 13  Former ANZ Bank - 1874  Graves Street
 14  Senior Citizens Hall - 1892  Taylor Street
 15  Butcher Shop - 1870  Taylor Street
 16  Wombat Hotel - 1860  Taylor Street
 17  Former Y P Country Times - 1888  Taylor Street
 18  Kadina Hotel - 1904  Taylor Street
 19  Truscott Building - 1922  Taylor Street
 20  Former Hairdressing Saloon  Taylor Street
   Former State Bank - 1908  Taylor Street

KWT Town Hall

 

 

   TOWN HALL

   Located in Taylor Street, facing Victoria Square.

   The Institute Reading Room, the first stage of the building, was constructed in 1880.
   A large hall and Council Chamber was added in 1883.
   The clock and tower was donated by Mr. D F Squibb and added in 1903.

   

 

KWT Rotunda
PARK ROTUNDA

Located in Victoria Square.  It was erected in 1897
with funds raised through a bicycle race, a fair,
and by private donations.

 

  

KWT Memorial Arch

 
WAR MEMORIAL 

This was erected in memory of the men from this area who fought and died during World War 1.
Located in the park across from the Town Hall.

   
 
MASONIC HALL

Corner of Taylor and Hay Streets.  This building was erected in 1882-83.

 Anglican Church Kadina

 

ANGLICAN CHURCH (CHRIST CHURCH)

Situated at the corner of Taylor and Hay Streets.  The previous building, the first church in Kadina, was built in 1892, but was demolished and replaced in 1910-11.

 

 

 

 

 

ROYAL EXCHANGE HOTEL

Situated at the corner of Graves and Digby Streets.  The first building was established in 1860's.  The present building was erected in 1874.  The Exchange had the longest verandah in South Australia.  The Royal Exchange Hotel took the prefix 'royal' after the Duke of Clarence stayed there in 1880.

KADINA HOTEL

Taylor Street (west).  The first hotel building was erected during 1870's.  The present building was established in 1904.

CATHOLIC CHURCH

Hallett Street.   The church was built in 1936 from stone salvaged from the engine house at the Wallaroo Mines after the mining company was liquidated and the buildings and mining cottages were sold or demolished for salvage.

WOMBAT HOTEL

Taylor Street.  The Wombat Hotel was established in 1861 and was first known as Wombat House, which was used as a boarding house for men.  It was first licensed in 1862.

 

Contact Council

Find Us

51 Taylor Street

PO Box 396

Kadina SA 5554

Opening Hours

Monday to Fridays

9.00am - 5.00pm

Closed Public Holidays

Subscribe with us

Subscribe
Top